1. Flight of the Concords on HBO On Demand. Even funnier the 2nd or 3rd time around.
2. “Chips and Salsa” and “Ham and Cheese” rolls from new bottom-of-the-hill sushi joint Live. Just trust me on this one.
3. NPR podcasts: Fresh Air, On The Media, This American Life, Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me! I’m a recovering nerd with fairly regular relapses.
4. GT’s Kombucha in Gingerberry.
5. Lisa Yuskavage.
6. Metropolis magazine.
7. Mother’s Circus Animal cookies. Preferably consumed in the bath. While reading Metropolis magazine.
8. Bay Area artiste and daughter of Marty Hannah Stouffer’s illustrations of pin-up girls and monster trucks. Full disclosure—Hannah’s a friend from high school. But her stuff still rocks.
9. My new extra-tall, extra-supple Frye riding boots. I better be married and buried in these things considering what I paid for them.
10. Radiohead, In Rainbows. Sees the hype and raises is $20. That goes for Feist’s The Reminder while we’re at it.